Welcome to the New Westminster Photography Club
We are a group of photographers keen to improve our skills through club activities and involvement with other photography enthusiasts. Our members hold a wide range of photography interests and skills and member sharing is an ongoing aspect of the club. Most of our members are from the greater Metro Vancouver area, in British Columbia, Canada. Our club meetings are held in New Westminster, BC on the first and third Tuesdays, from September to early June (meetings vary in December and June). Some meetings are held in person and others using ZOOM or other platforms. Our club activities include educational programs through workshops and speakers, photography outings, and a range of internal and external photography competitions as well as exhibitions in the community.
Join Us! - New members are always welcomed, please check out Membership Information under About Us.
Please follow us on our social media channels:
At a Glance - Upcoming Events and Deadlines (Check our Calendar for details and to see all activities)
- December Pot-Luck Dinner and Members Sharing - December is right around the corner and December 5th meeting night will be the Annual Pot Luck Dinner and Member Photos/Slide Show Sharing. This year is a self-catering event.
- Pack your dinner bag bringing all that you need: a plate, cutlery, cap/glass, napkin.
- Bring a dish to go on the food table.
Join your fellow members to talk and see photography presentations and slide shows. Bring a slide show or up to six images to how in a USB Stick (send a note if you are going to bring something so we can plan the evening). Slide shows should be four minutes to less.
- January 2nd Meeting - Viewing and discussions of Pat Kay's videos on the Language of Photography.
- January 16 Photo Edits - download the files, make your edits and upload them to the website gallery, then join the discussion at the January 16th Meeting.
- How I Saw It - Five New Westminster Locations - there is just a little over 13 weeks to get out to the locations for the February 20th Showing for How I Saw It: Five (5) Locations in New Westminster. Check the calendar information: (February 20, 2024)
- Three Upcoming Public Exhibitions
- Click* Photos of the Fraser 2023: Once again, the NWPC has accepted an invitation to participate in this year’s Click* Photos of the Fraser River Exhibition . Once the winning images are selected, those prints will be on display at the Fraser River Discover Centre for most of a year, and all the submissions will be viewable on their website.
- Queensborough – Local Motion - Our Exhibition opens on November 27 at the Queensborough Community Centre. See the calendar for the event information.
- Plaskett Gallery at the Massey Theatre - Framed: Anna has also confirmed that we will have an exhibit in the Plaskett Gallery in January – February of 2024. Again, watch for details to come.
- BC / Yukon Inter-club Speakers Series 2023 – 2024 Season: 34 clubs, with a combined membership of more than 1650 photographers, have committed to participate in the 2023-24 BC/Yukon Inter-Club Speaker Series!! Our Club is one of the participating Club, which means you can participate for not additional cost. Here is how this year’s series is shaping up so far, so you can put the dates in your calendars:
- Nov 17: John Barclay -“Through the Lens of Love”
- Jan 12: Elizabeth Gray - “Black and White Photography – Shooting with Intent”
- Feb 23: Lee Nordbye - “Adventures and Misadventures in the Mountains”
- Apr 12: speaker TBA (Delta Photo Club is Host/Moderator)
Information and link for registration can be found on the Events Page Information, which is accessible on our Calendar (select the dates above).