Welcome to the New Westminster Photography Club
We are a group of photographers keen to improve our skills through club activities and involvement with other photography enthusiasts. Our members hold a wide range of photography interests and skills and member sharing is an ongoing aspect of the club. Most of our members are from the greater Metro Vancouver area, in British Columbia, Canada. Our club meetings are held in New Westminster, BC on the first and third Tuesdays, from September to early June (meetings vary in December and June). Some meetings are held in person and others using ZOOM or other platforms. Our club activities include educational programs through workshops and speakers, photography outings, and a range of internal and external photography competitions as well as exhibitions in the community.
Join Us! - New members are always welcomed, please check out Membership Information under About Us.
Please follow us on our social media channels:
Competition: Crescent Beach Black and White Prints
Thanks to all the members who contributed images to be considered for the Crescent Beach Black and White Print Competition. Congratulations to Tim Stewart, Kate Lewis, Rick Lewis, Peter Eisenbock, Glenn Marcus and Ian Pearson for having their images selected. Check out all the entries. There are some terrific images.
Website tip: Find the results of this or any competition by selecting Themes and Competitions, then Competition Results. You will find a list of the closed competitions. Click on the competition you want to see. By default the website displays the awarded images in a tile format. Click on "display all images" to see all the entries. You can toggle between slideshow and the tiled images.
Theme – New Life – Results are In
Congratulations to the artists who created the highest scored images in the theme.
- Nancy Matheson – 1st
- Janet Pearson- 2nd
- Quinton Friesen- 3rd
- Nancy Matheson – 4th
And further congrats to the honourable mentions: Harry Traeger (X2), Steve Vanden-Eykel, Janet Pearson, Chi Chi Rasmusens and Paul LaRose
Please go to the website to see all the entries to the New Life. Lots of cute and creativity.
At a Glance - Upcoming Events (Check our Calendar for details and to see all activities)
CURRENT THEME: Frills, Fringes, or Fronds Find frills in many and unusual places. Frilly flowers, fashion with tassels and other embellishments, (try vintage shops), even mushrooms. Or will it be a "The Surrey with the Fringe on Top.
For inspiration: https://expertphotography.com/flower-photography/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/frills/
- May 26 – An Evening Outing at Deer Lake Park: Deer Lake Park has landscape, interesting heritage estate architecture, and wildlife like herons and maybe beavers and turtles. We will meet at 7:00 pm to catch the golden hour around the park and with good weather (fingers crossed) capture some beautiful shots of sunset around the lake.
We will meet at 7:00 pm to catch the golden hour around the park and with good weather (fingers crossed) capture some beautiful shots of sunset around the lake.
- May 31 – the Frills, Fringes or Fronds theme closes.
- June 1 – Voting opens on the Frills, Fringes or Fronds theme. Voting and commenting has been dropping off recently. Please take a few minutes to give your Club colleagues some feedback on the images they have created. (Once you are logged into the website, choose the THEMES AND COMPETITIONS tab, and choose VOTE ON COMPETITION IMAGES. All the competitions open for voting will appear in a list.
- June 6 – Club Meeting – Season Ending Pot Luck and AGM: Join together socialize, to share images from the year, and to elect next year’s Executive Committee. Everyone is encouraged to submit either a slideshow (up to 4 minutes) or a series of photos to share with the group. Everyone is welcome to bring a guest.
Remember, the Potluck is not the end of the Club year. Themes and outings will continue over the summer. We also share the New West Photography Friends on Facebook.
- June 7 – Voting closes of the Frills, Fringes or Fronds theme theme.