Welcome to the New Westminster Photography Club
We are a group of photographers keen to improve our skills through club activities and involvement with other photography enthusiasts. Our members hold a wide range of photography interests and skills and member sharing is an ongoing aspect of the club. Most of our members are from the greater Metro Vancouver area, in British Columbia, Canada. Our club meetings are held in New Westminster, BC on the first and third Tuesdays, from September to early June (meetings vary in December and June). Some meetings are held in person and others using ZOOM or other platforms. Our club activities include educational programs through workshops and speakers, photography outings, and a range of internal and external photography competitions as well as exhibitions in the community.
Join Us! - New members are always welcomed, please check out Membership Information under About Us.
Please follow us on our social media channels:
At a Glance - Upcoming Events and Deadlines
(Check our Calendar for details and to see all activities)
- Mar 19: The Power and Benefits of a Creative Image Series - Rick Hulbert is reprising his extremely popular workshop. Rick will give us a presentation about how and why a photographer could work in series, followed by a project for us, which he will review in the last meeting in May.
Several of our upcoming programs need some work in advance.
- April 16 – Member Presentation of Zines. This program is designed to encourage us to get our images off of our hard drives and cellphones. It isn’t too early to think about what collections of images you might put together in a little publication. For inspiration and some guidance, remember to check out the excellent collection of resources created by Peter and Dee. You can find it under the Members Only tab, Documents to Download.
NOTE: A few members will be pulling together a SIG for Zine making. If you are interested, contact Nancy, and watch your email for the date of the first meeting.
- Crescent Beach Black and White Print Competition: We will be participating again this season. Get out there and start making some Black and White images, and watch for an email from Tim with details.
We have two exhibitions hanging. They are both worth a visit.
- Click* Photos of the Fraser 2023: The images selected by the jury are hanging at the Fraser River Discovery Centre (FRDC). All of the submissions can be seen at the Fraser River Discover Centre website.
- Plaskett Gallery at Eighth and Eighth: "Framed - Through the Keyhole". The Gallery is open from Tuesday - Friday, 1:00 - 4:00PM. The exhibit runs until February 29th.
January Theme - Staircases - Going Up, Going Down: Congrats to the Nancy Matheson (1), Bruce Fairman (2) and (3), Rick Lewise (4), Ian Pearson (HM), Kate Lewis (HM), Ben Whiting (HM), Tim Stewart (HM), Glenn Marcus (HM), Peter Eisenbock (HM) and Rick Lewis (HM) for making up the top scored images.
BC / Yukon Inter-club Speakers Series 2023 – 2024 Season: 34 clubs, with a combined membership of more than 1650 photographers, have committed to participate in the 2023-24 BC/Yukon Inter-Club Speaker Series!! Our Club is one of the participating Club, which means you can participate for not additional cost. There are two talks left. Remember, you must register in advance in order to get the link to attend the talk.